NextCell Pharma AB (publ) (NXTCL) today announces that its Interim report for the period September 1, 2019 – February 29, 2020 now is available on the company’s website: https://www.nextcellpharma.com/en/investors#financial-reports
Second quarter (2019-12-01 until 2020-02-29)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 1 364 645 (435 051).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -4 228 449 (-3 552 444).
- Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0,22 (-0,31).
- Cash and bank amounted to SEK 10 700 725 (6 886 879).
- Solidity** amounted to 80,2 (85,0) %.
First six month (2019-09-01 until 2020-02-29)
- Operating income amounted to SEK 2 586 733 (508 795).
- Operating result amounted to SEK -7 970 016 (-8 929 084).
- Earnings per share* amounted to SEK -0,42 (-0,78).
*Result per share: operating results divided by the average number of shares. Average number of shares for the first quarter of 2019/2020: 19 144 092 (11 486 456) shares. Number of shares in NextCell as per February 29th, 2020: 19 144 092 shares (11 486 456).
** Equity ratio: shareholders’ equity of the balance sheet total.
Significant events during the second quarter of 2019/2020
- NextCell announces in early December that an interim analysis of the dose escalation study ProTrans-1 (previously referred to as the phase 1 part of ProTrans-1), a safety study, shows that after one year, the six patients treated with high and medium doses have retained their insulin production significantly better (P <0.01) than the three patients who received a low dose of ProTrans. No serious side effects have been reported.
- NXTCL holds its Annual General Meeting. Communique with a summary of decided resolutions is available on the Company´s website (www.nextcellpharma.com).
- NextCell announces, in mid-December, that the Swedish Medical Products Agency (Läkemedelsverket) has extended the company’s wholesale license. In October, the Swedish Medical Products Agency carried out a routine inspection of NextCell’s operations, which resulted in the license being extended for another five years.
Significant events after the reporting period
- NextCell announces, they are participating as a reference laboratory for the National Institute for Biological Standards and Control (NIBSC) in the development of a reference reagent for mesenchymal stem cells (MSC). British NIBSC is a world leader in characterization, standardization and control of biological drugs and has been commissioned by the World Health Organization (WHO) to conduct a study to develop a reference sample for MSC where NextCell is one of the parties.
- NextCell announces, in collaboration with RISE (Research Institutes Of Sweden) and the transport company Your Special Delivery Service (YSDS), they will participate in the CAMP-organized project “Establishing a non-dry-dependent logistics strategy for cell therapies”. The project goal is to evaluate the best logistics strategy for cell-based products. For NextCell, specifically, it also means an opportunity to validate the robustness of functional assays in transport with retained quality at ProTrans, the company’s proprietary stem cell treatment.
- At the end of March, NextCell announces that parallel discussions with several hospitals are ongoing regarding treatment of patients with covid-19, the severe respiratory tract infection caused by the new coronavirus, with the stem cell product ProTrans. “We would like to emphasize that this information is preliminary. There are both administrative and regulatory challenges, but the will is on the part of healthcare. We will return when and if further information is available, “says Mathias Svahn, CEO of NextCell.
För ytterligare information om NextCell, vänligen kontakta:
Mathias Svahn, CEO
Sofia Fredrikson, CFO
Tel: 08-735 5595
NextCell Pahrma AB: www.nextcellpharma.com
Cellaviva Sverige: www.cellaviva.se
Cellaviva Danmark: www.cellaviva.se